In 1918 Louis H. Dorbian was born in Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada
Following the war, Lou moved to Harrisburg looking for love and fortune. He met ad married the love of his life, Dorothy they had two children, Bruce and Joseph.
In the same year, he started Carlisle Steel Supply. The original location was in the old Carlisle Airport hanger on the Ritner Highway
After graduation from Penn State in 1973, Lou’s youngest son Joe, started working with his father
November 30, Lou suffered his third and final heart attack at the shop. Joe decided to continue the family journey and build on his father’s dream.
Joe began to create his vision. He diversified the product line to include reinforcing steel fabrication and supplying concrete construction products
The original name of Carlisle Steel Supply was changed to Carlisle Supply
11 years of growth was experienced in all three areas of the business: Reinforcing Steel Fabrication, Concrete Supply, and Structural Steel. However, Joe always felt the latter was his true calling.
So in 1992, the Reinforcing Steel Fabrication and Concrete Supply were sold off and the Structural Steel division was renamed Ritner Steel Inc.
Ritner Steel, Inc received AISC certification, opening new doors for work available only to fabricators with AISC certification.